Investment Readiness Workshop for Fashion-tech and Sustainable Tourism Companies
Wednesday 23 October 2019
La Nuvola, Rome (14.00 - 18.00)
Can you attract financiers to invest in your fashion-tech or sustainable tourism idea? Are you looking for seed financing or the first financing round for your early-stage venture?
On Wednesday 23 October, EBN Congress in collaboration with EU projects CAST (Creative Accelerators for Sustainable Tourism) and DeFINE (Developing a Fashion-tech Innovation Network for Europe) will host the Investment Readiness Workshop at WeGIL, Rome. This workshop is dedicated to early-stage investment to encourage creative innovation in the fashion-tech and sustainable tourism sector.
During the workshop, you will prepare your business for investment by getting into financiers’ minds to understand what they are looking for and what they expect from startups and SMEs in fashion-tech or sustainable tourism. Explore the different types of equity investment, their pros and cons, that are suitable for startups in different maturity phases.
You will learn how to structure an investment pitch presentation that provides financiers with necessary key information. Finally, we want you to prepare for success: what’s next when you attract financiers’ attention? What about company valuations and the due diligence process?
Apply to attend The Investment Readiness Workshop and we will offer you:
- Hands-on workshop dedicated to early-stage equity investment – a session presented by Media Deals with the support of EU experts in fashion tech and sustainable tourism.
- Deep insight into financiers’ thought and evaluation processes to get your business investment-ready.
- Effective tools and mentoring to successfully present your company in a compelling financier pitch deck.
- Free entrance to the EBN Annual Congress (23 - 25 October 2019) “Venturing forward for Innovation”: financiers and corporates as new stakeholders of incubation and acceleration performances in local ecosystems – detailed programme to be announced soon,
- Access to the Welcome Cocktail allowing you the chance to network with financiers, incubators, accelerators, EU|BICs and corporates.
- Access to the networking dinner for only €50 per person.
- Deadline for applications: 23 September 2019
- Successful applications announced on the 25 September 2019
- Selected projects leaders will need to commit to be in Rome on 23-24 October to be accepted in the programme.
You have to be a company which:
- Operates in the field of Sustainable Tourism/ Fashion Tech
- Based in the EU28 or a COSME participating country
- Can show proof of concept and some market traction
- Can show a growth strategy and the potential to scale
- Has a committed and experienced management team
- Has a pitch deck or executive summary of a business plan
- Preferably received already a pre-seed investment (but not mandatory)
- For companies in the sustainable tourism sector have a clear financing need and a company valuation of up to max. 2m Euro.
DeFINE and CAST consortium partners Media Deals, Boras Ink, WestBIC and EBN, will review and select successful applications based on the eligibility criteria. Due to high volumes of applications, feedback will not be available.
Please note, no reimbursement of travel and accommodation can be offered for the programme. Information about Partner Hotels of the event will be communicated to selected companies.
How to apply
Complete the application form relating to your business type; either fashion-tech or sustainable tourism. See details below:
Are you a startup offering creative and disruptive solutions in the area of sustainable tourism?
Are you a startup offering creative and disruptive solutions in the area of fashion-tech?
|CAST and DeFINE Co-funded projects by the COSME programme of the European Commission under GA n.806917 and GA n.806912|